Sep 14, 2011

The Prayer that Changed my Life

I recieved a message from Pastor Bovaro in New York to call him and.......

Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profile
Pastor Bovaro became my friend and guide while I was in prison. On many occasions we would have conversations about God and we even share testimonies of the wonderful things God did in our lives. He teaches me about God and kept me on the right path...always warning me about tests and trials. 

One morning I recieved a message to call Pastor Bovaro. I called him and as always he would praise God in all HisGlory. 

He told me about a little girl that was born with a default in her eyes and that she would never be able to see again. I responded and asked him...Who said that she would never see again??? He told me the doctor told the parents that the baby girl has been born with this default and would never be able to see again.

I quoted John 9 and told Pastor Bovaro that he should urge the family not to believe what the doctor says...but they "SHOULD BELIEVE IN WHAT GOD SAYS"!!! 
I ended my call after awhile and in prayer and in Spirit I asked God...Father it is written that by the Stripes and Wounds of Jesus we are healed. I pray for this little baby and claim Your word to heal her and allow her to see Your Glory at her tender age?

God is God of all gods and Lord of all lords. About two weeks later Pastor Bovaro informed me that my prayer has been answered and that this little baby could see. I praised God in all His Glory and thanked Him for blessing this little girl. 

I want you to believe in the The Power of Prayer???

Dear Heavenly Father, 
Today is a difficult day. Yet I pray you will help me to go on living for truth, firm in my hope of your salvation. May I live for you, Lord, and by doing so, be an example to my friends and family. I pray, just like Jesus, I may learn obedience through these things that I have suffered. Help me not to question why, yet even if I do, give me courage to continue to trust you. Help me take the comfort and strength you’ve poured into my life and use it to comfort and strengthen others who need hope. I pray I might become a better person and help make the world a better place I want my life to be worthy of you Lord, so make of it what you desire, and use me to fulfill your purposes. May the evil of everyday cause me and my family to work harder to do good on this earth and to bring your light into the dark places. Help me to never stop believing in you and living my life for you.

Lord, May I come to experience your presence and know your peace. I pray in Jesus Name. Amen. 

Invite the Holy Spirit to help you and make you stronger in that area. We can’t take away darkness as such, without bringing light to the dark place to make it bright. The problem is that darkness is not an entity in itself, but a privation of light. We can become spiritually strong, by filling ourselves with the power of the Holy Spirit.

Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. — Philippians 2:1-2

God Bless You and your Houshold!!!


 

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death 
(or through the darkest valley),
I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
-










- Life Application Bible - NIV

NOTES:
u In describing the Lord as a shepherd, David wrote out of his own experience because he had spent his early years caring for sheep. Sheep are completely dependent on the Shepherd for provision, guidance, and protection. The New Testament calls Jesus the good shepherd; the great Shepherd; and the Chief Shepherd. As the Lord is the good shepherd, so we are his sheep -- not frightened, passive animals, but obedient followers, wise enough to follow one who will lead us in the right places and in right ways. This psalm does not focus on the animal-like qualities of sheep, but on the discipleship qualities of those who follow. when you recognize the good shepherd, follow him!
u When we allow God our shepherd to guide us, we have contentment. When we choose to sin, however, we go our own way and cannot blame God for the environment we create for ourselves. Our shepherd knows the "green pastures" and "quiet waters" that will restore us. We will reach these places only by following him obediently. Rebelling against the shepherd's leading is actually rebelling against our own best interests. We must remember this the next time we re tempted to go our own way rather than the shepherd's way.
u Death casts a frightening shadow over us because we are entirely helpless in its presence. We can struggle with other enemies -- pain, suffering, disease, injury -- but strength and courage cannot overcome death. It has the final word. Only one person can walk with us through death's dark valley and bring us safely to the other side -- the God of life, our shepherd. Because life is uncertain, we should follow this shepherd who offers us eternal comfort.
u In ancient Near Eastern culture, at a banquet it was customary to anoint a person with fragrant oil as a lotion. Hosts were also expected to protect their guests at all costs. God offers the protection of a host even when enemies surround us. In the final scene of this psalm, we see that believers will dwell with God. God, the perfect shepherd and host, promises to guide and protect us through life to bring us into his house forever.
-- Life Application Bible - NIV

The 23rd Psalm
"The Lord is my Shepherd...



Because the Lord is my Shepherd, I have everything I need!
He lets me rest in the meadow grass and leads me beside the quiet streams. He gives me new strength. He helps me do what honors him the most. Even when walking through the dark valley of death I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me, guarding, guiding all the way.
You provide delicious food for me in the presence of my enemies. You have welcomed me as your guest; blessings overflow!
Your goodness and unfailing kindness shall be with me all of my life, and afterwards I will live with you forever in your home.
-- The Book (Tyndale House Publishers)
David's psalm is a joyful proclamation of God's providence. Humankind can live free from fear because, like the good shepherd, God will always provide, protect, and guide this flock.
"You anoint my head with oil" - When a king made a covenant with a vassal, he often sealed it by holding a banquet. During the festivities, it was customary to anoint the head of his guests with oil as a sign of friendship and protection.








No comments:

Post a Comment