Sep 13, 2011

Overcoming Drug Addiction


Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit (Ephesians 5:18).
And having disarmed the powers and authorities, He made public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross (Colossians 2:15)


The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because He has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has send me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lords favour.

He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devils work. (1 John 3:8)

What can you do?

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stan firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature, rather, serve one another with love (Galatians 5:1,13).

Take seriously the bondage you are involved. God cares about you and has a solution.

You need to keep busy and occupy your mind with new things (Phillipians 4:8,9). Learn to yield yourself to Christ rather than to drugs, old friends, self pity, guilt, fear, etc, etc.


Pray this prayer right now:

Dear Lord Jesus

I know that I am a sinner and need your forgiveness. I believe that You died on the cross for my sins and rose from the grave to give me life. I know You are the only way to God so now I want to quit disobeying You and start living for You. Please forgive me, change my life and show me how to know You....



In Jesus' name. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment